At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for an Engagement Director to join our Partner Support Organization. You will play a key role in onboarding and supporting our partner school districts to ensure that educators can maximize the use of Ellevation to enhance their work with English Language Learners. You will work closely with the Implementation Team to refine Ellevation’s approach to enterprise-level district partnerships, develop excellent relationships with district leaders, and foster long-term partnerships. Most importantly, you will help thousands of educators over time take advantage of a solution that provides great value and supports their work with students.
You will be asked to create, contribute, and own components of the partnership development process. This requires a combination of organizational skills, relationship management, a service orientation, and entrepreneurship. We are looking for someone who wants to be in an early stage organization, has tremendous communication skills, is motivated, proactive, and a self-starter.
This position is based in Texas and will support partners in Texas as well as a few partners in the East. You will work remotely from your home office located in either Dallas or Houston. Travel requirements: ~30%
- Manage and be accountable for the success of partner school districts from onboarding through renewal.
- Develop deep knowledge of the Ellevation product, a prerequisite for providing world class support and service to educators.
- Act as the senior relationship manager and oversee all aspects of the onboarding and implementation process for partners.
- Develop and manage District Deployment Plans outlining strategies for roll out, gaps in expectations and action plans to fill such gaps.
- Communicate consistently with district leaders to ensure the ongoing use of Ellevation, gather feedback, share new features and address challenges. Monitor and maintain high levels of partner satisfaction, while managing partner expectations.
- Act as the escalation point for deployment related issues when they cannot be resolved by the project team.
- Collaborate with others in Partner Support to develop innovative ways to leverage technology to communicate and support all of Ellevation’s users.
- Work collaboratively with our Product and Engineering teams, communicating observations and feedback from district partners to help inform future product development efforts.
- Exhibit confidence in initiating conversations regarding expansion and growth with our current partners.
- 30 minute phone interview with the VP of Partner Support.
- 90 minute interview with the team through Zoom video conferencing. This interview includes a demo of our product dashboard, a role play exercise, and a short writing exercise (for you to prepare in advance).
- In-person interview in the Boston office.
- 5-10+ years experience successfully leading enterprise-level engagements.
- Strong leadership and people management experience in a K-12 district.
- Demonstrated success leading software implementations.
- Ability to manage large complex projects and programs (minimum of 5 years project management or equivalent experience.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to help districts overcome barriers and maximize the use of Ellevation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels.
- Strong listening and questioning skills to gain a strategic understanding of partner needs and challenges.
- Proven competency in identifying value-based opportunities for the partners; advocating partner needs internally and externally.
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments.
- Passion for driving change in education.
Great benefit plans, competitive salaries, unlimited vacation, 401(k) employer match, and so much more! You can learn more about our open and collaborative work environment here: https://ellevationeducation.com/culture