The success of our nation’s underserved students is closely tied to effective teaching. With the right training and tools, teachers can make an enormous impact. This is where you come in...
We are looking for a Digital Instruction Specialist to work closely with product development and key leaders across Ellevation, as well as external advisors and potential content and strategic partners, to help lead Ellevation’s expansion of instructional solutions. In this role, you will develop content, scaffolds, and much more so that classroom teachers can make the connection between their content needs and the language acquisition strategies that they use in Ellevation. Simply put, this role will help educators maximize the use of Ellevation and effectively meet the content and language needs of their students.
- Research teacher needs, develop a deep understanding of Ellevation users, and work with our product and engineering teams to craft effective solutions.
- Conceptualize, author, and manage development of engaging content aligned to specific standards across states that supports teachers in their work with English language learners.
- Develop a deep expertise on both state content and English language proficiency standards necessary to drive effective language instruction.
- Lead efforts to make the connection, in the product and in sales, marketing, training and implementation offerings, between best-in-class strategies for language acquisition and the content and standards teachers must focus on.
- Help partner districts understand how to connect the use of Ellevation to district initiatives and processes to help ensure use.
- 2+ years experience writing curriculum and authoring content either as a Curriculum Coordinator in a school district or a content or curriculum designer at an education technology company
- Understanding of ELLs and ELP standards (WIDA, ELPA21, etc.)
- Understanding of K-12 curriculum standards across multiple state frameworks
- Agile/iterative mindset; comfort with throwing away work or making changes
- Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with a team and independently
- And most importantly, you have a passion for helping all children achieve their highest aspirations. Teaching experience is strongly preferred.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the lives of students
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with cork boards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
- Learn more about our culture here: https://ellevationeducation.com/culture