Who We Are
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant / Financial Analyst will be an integral part of the Finance and Business Operations team at Ellevation. This role will own the day to day accounting activities including accounts payable and accounts receivable management. This individual will also participate in the monthly close, assisting in delivering timely and accurate financials. In addition to the core accounting responsibilities, we are looking for someone to be involved in our financial modeling, forecasting and budgeting activities. This individual will help monitor performance against our financial goals and identify trends. We are seeking a candidate motivated to find opportunities to add value through process improvements and insightful analysis.
- Manage accounts payable, including coding and payment of credit card charges and vendor bills and administration of employee expenses reporting system and process
- Manage accounts receivable, including oversight of billing and revenue recognition procedures
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of month end balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Support the annual budgeting and planning process and provide periodic expense and revenue forecasts
- Prepare and interpret financial reports and analyses
- Participate in the continuous improvement of internal financial structures, procedures, and practices.
- Oversee preparation of year-end 1099s, annual insurance updates, and state registration process
- Provide support for annual audits and tax filings, including implementation and maintenance of financial records retention policy
- Process stock option documentation for current and past employees, and support investor requests for information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills required; Experience with QBO, Adaptive Insights, Salesforce.com and/or Concur a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Detail oriented, with strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with cork boards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!