At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
The Data Integration Team is responsible for ensuring data from school districts are loaded and maintained with a high level of fidelity into the Ellevation platform. This team plans and executes the solutions to integrate customer data into our SaaS educational platform, and designs solutions to simplify processes, save time and maximize the use of Ellevation by educators around the country. As a Data Integration Specialist you with work directly with customers (data teams and administrators) and internal teams to support districts in the extraction of data, own the data transformation and import process and ensure ongoing data fidelity within Ellevation’s platform.
- Manage data import process, validation and testing of a school district’s data into Ellevation’s platform.
- Implement data file mapping, transformation and loading solutions using proprietary and off-the-shelf software tools.
- Communicate with district data specialists and administrators about data specifications and support them at each step in the data integration process and ongoing support.
- Maintain schedules for recurring operational tasks, track key client and project metadata and assist in evaluating task priorities.
- Build/improve/document internal processes and workflows.
- 1-3 years experience working with many heterogeneous datasets and formats from a variety of vendors, providers, and platforms.
- Understanding complex data and translating issues into non-technical terms. You have a knack for problem-solving complex data discrepancies.
- Attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and an understanding of the importance of meeting customer needs and maintaining strong customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated success and effectiveness working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and time-critical work environment.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; a desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others.
- Proficiency with Python (or other scripting languages such as R)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel
- Familiarity with SQL and RDBMS concepts (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience implementing prevention and detection controls to ensure data integrity
- Statistics/data-study based experience
- Working with, extending and defining data interchange standards and best practices
- Experience with SFTP, FTPS, and other file transfer protocols
- Bonus: SIS/K-12 student data/Ed-Fi experience
- In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym and game room
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!