At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for our next Support Specialist to join our growing Help Desk team in our mission to provide top-notch support to our partners. We work closely with educators, administrators and the people working on the ground to help students succeed, approaching each interaction with the same level of care, integrity, and diplomacy. We go the extra mile to ensure that our partners are able to maximize their use of Ellevation in order to inform and improve their instruction of their ELL students.
Support Specialists are Ellevation product experts who listen, teach, communicate, problem-solve, and think critically. Frequently serving as the first line of contact, they assist users every step of the way. From evaluating data files to analyzing trends and feedback from our partners, the work of Support Specialists translates into real value for thousands of users and Ellevation at large.
- Timely handle inbound/outbound support requests by email and phone
- Troubleshoot reported problems by users and provide guidance and resources
- Maintain constant knowledge of Ellevation’s features and offerings
- Communicate daily with teams as issues and requests arise
- Teacher: You have the ability to utilize effective communication skills and maintain a friendly and professional tone, ensuring even complex issues are explained both clearly and concisely in a digestible manner for partners and colleagues alike. Even on tough days you can stay patient and keep the end goal in mind. You have a knack for storytelling and are able to highlight the important stuff to ensure a successful delivery every time.
- Troubleshooter: You have a penchant for problem-solving and diagnosing the break in a chain. You're willing to spend time narrowing down possibilities to find the best solution and can read between the lines to discern perception from reality. You approach complicated situations with a critical eye and are invested in reaching resolutions. You are able to evaluate data files and adapt to new technology and software tools.
- Self-learner: You are forever curious and are delighted by learning new things. You have a desire to continuously learn about Ellevation, technology, software products, service behaviors, and are always interesting in utilizing and developing your ability to adapt and stay organized in ambiguous environments.
- Bonus Points: You have a passion for education and an interest in contributing to a mission centered on improving student outcomes. You have a genuine interest in technology, are tech-savvy, and have proven success in a customer support or related role.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with cork boards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!