At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
We’re looking for a People Operations Intern to work closely with our People Operations team to support various Human Resources projects throughout the summer. In this role, you will:
- Assist in Recruitment and Onboarding: greet candidate and give tours of the office, post jobs, schedule interviews, assist in the coordination of new hire onboarding
- Be an Ellevation Culture Champion: contribute to Office Committee meetings, help plan monthly events (“cELLebrations”), create People Operations content for Ellevation’s internal newsletter, assist with employer branding initiatives, update the internal Wiki page, support our diverse and collaborative culture
- Learn HR Best Practices within: employee relations, compliance, benefits administration, payroll, compensation, employee recognition
- Assist in HR projects as they come up
- Current college student studying Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related
- Proactive self-starter; you can “roll up your sleeves” and help the team or work independently on a variety of projects
- Strong communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Able to exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Docs, and social media
- Diversity is extremely important to us. We were just featured in an article on Built In Boston - check it out here: https://www.builtinboston.com/2018/03/08/ellevation-education-diversit
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry. We believe linguistic and cultural diversity should be valued in our schools and communities. Language is not a barrier - it’s an asset. Candidates who are passionate about our mission are encouraged to apply.
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym and game room
- Paid internship opportunity
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!