At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for a Senior QA Manager to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will ensure that quality is built in to Ellevation’s software development lifecycle, through the application of QA testing best practices, the implementation of testing automation tools and technologies, and advocacy for a delightful user experience. Using your expertise in leadership, you will coach and develop a team of A players to enable the continued growth of our Software Engineering team. You will be a key liaison to internal customers by combining domain knowledge with your understanding of workflows and processes in order to bring a unique perspective to software quality, performance and usability. If you are interested in joining a mission-driven organization and are eager to take on challenges of scale in a rapid-growth environment, then we would like to hear from you.
- Define QA testing and test automation coding best practices, including technology/tool selection, oversight of their implementation, and promote continuous improvement with regular review of team work deliverables.
- Recruit, hire and grow an outstanding team of QA Engineers and Software Test Engineers. Manage a team of up to 6-8 direct reports (QA Engineers and Software Test Engineers).
- Provide thought leadership to all of DevPro in all areas of software quality, including the release/deployment process and internal and production environments. Identify key metrics and practices that result in our ability to release quickly and with high confidence.
- Scale automated testing in a continuous integration environment. Define and evolve our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
- 10-20% direct hands-to-keyboard contributions in coding, via PoC’s or prototypes, pair programming, or implementation of new tools/technologies
- Have mastery of both manual/exploratory QA best practices as well as significant leadership in testing automation development and architecture. Previous experience in or strong aspirations to growing and leading a team. Ideally, you are someone who has "done this before" and built or scaled a QA and Test Engineering team from 2 to 10 at a SaaS, technology product-based and high-growth company.
- Ability to “roll up sleeves” and get involved -- i.e. player-coach. Excited at the prospects of seeing your team grow and succeed.
- Excellent multi-tasker and strong ability to effect change, influence, and collaborate both within a technical team and also with external stakeholders.
- Have, or have recently had, significant hands-on test automation development experience writing code using tools and technologies from the below list:
- Hands-on experience with Selenium, Web Driver, Robot Framework, SpecFlow, or similar framework in a Microsoft .NET environment
- Experience with jMeter or similar load testing tools
- Experience building and scaling test automation for C#/ASP.NET MVC web applications
- Experience querying relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience delivering software in an agile, CI-based environment (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with SaaS products or public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.) is a plus
- Command of O-O principles and software design patterns and practices (SOLID, DRY)
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here’s some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with corkboards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!